PLUS-Forum “Cash Circulation + Self-service. Banking and Retail”: preparatory work has begun!
This time the Forum participants will focus on an issue of great importance for the payment industry and the national economy as a whole: what are the medium-term prospects for the banking community? Will the cash transactions volume drop or remain at the same actual level?
The Forum will discuss the most likely scenarios for the transformation of banking services and cash circulation, dictated by the new economic and business realities resulted from the digital banking development. The focus will be on the existing cash handling ecosystem and its development scenarios, as well as self-service banking systems (ATM, recyclers, kiosks, etc.) that facilitate access of people to cash.
As tradition has it, PLUS-Forum “Cash Circulation + Self-service. Banking and Retail 2017” will be attended by representatives of Russian and foreign regulators, commercial banks of Russia and foreign countries, top retail trade managers, as well as officers of relevant ministries and departments, law enforcement agencies, suppliers of equipment and technological solutions and other concerned entities.
This year the total number of participants of the event will exceed 1200 delegates.
The main topics of the PLUS-Forum are already known:
- National cash circulation strategy and the banks. How the banks should work with cash in the current environment?
- Increasing bank branch’s profitability through cash product offerings
- Today’s bank branch in the light of the omnichannel and digital transformation concepts
- Branchless bank: partnership schemes providing for offline cash-handling. Global and Russian practice
- ATM as a hybrid self-service device. From theory to real cases in Russian banks
- Customer experience: the new role of branches and self-service networks
- Anti fraud activities in the banking sector and retail trade. Solutions, technology, business cases
- Self-collection: “in combat” experience of the banks and new technologies
- Biometrics in banking: the world's best practices that would require changes in the Russian laws
- Mobile branches, ATMs and service points: experience of use by the bank
- Calculation and analysis of self-service network profitability. Methodology, solutions, practice
- Front-line of the retail banking office. From the e-teller and QMS to the new client identification systems
- Physical attacks on the ATM and branch infrastructure. The modern threat landscape. Methods of countering the attacks
- Cash collection and counting technologies at banks and cash settlement centres: new solutions
- Coin handling models used by the banks and retailers. Technology solutions
- Prospects for a fully outsourced ATM network/ Accounting and reconciliation, complaint handling
…and many more interesting topics.
Alongside the Conference, the most representative annual exhibition of specialized equipment and technologies from leading Russian and foreign companies will be organized.
The PLUS-Forum participants note, that the popularity of this truly unique event is on the rise. According to the Steering Committee, the previous October Forum showed a record figure in the years-long history of the event bringing together 1368 people within the walls of the Moscow Sokolniki Convention&Exhibition Centre. The audience included recognized market experts, vendors, representatives of leading banks, regulators, major retail chains, relevant ministries and agencies, etc.
Let us refresh just a few moments of the October PLUS-Forum 2016 which are memorable for the market participants:
Arkady Trachuk, Genral Director, Goznak (the federal banknote and securities printing enterprise) announced that the first industrial solutions for note recognition are expected to come to the market in the near future, which will substantially speed up solving of many problems related to cash circulation.
According to Stanislav Kuznetsov, Deputy Board Chairman, Sberbank of Russia, the total volume of unauthorized transactions in Internet banks reached 3 trillion rubles in 2016.
Cybercriminals are already able to read information from the chip card – warned Artem Sychev, Deputy Director, General Directorate of Security and Information Protection, Bank of Russia.
Currently, mobile payments are the main competitor of cash, especially in emerging markets, said Gonzalo Santamaria, Vice President, Currency Research.
Over the past 14 years, the total number of euro banknotes in circulation have increased by 4.8 times, euro cash – by 2.33 times, while the cost of servicing the cash circulation – by 1.33 times (for notes) and by more than 2 times (for coins).
Leonor Machado, Chair of the Cash Working Group, European Payments Council (EPC).
By 2019, VTB Group banks will increase their total ATM network by 139%. It will be achieved through the increase in the number of Post Bank’s devices and procurement of ATMs-recyclers – says
Valery Chulkov, Board Member, Director of Operational Department, VTB24.
For the first time in the modern history of Russia, Chinese yuan “spurted” to become the third among foreign currencies counterfeited in Russia.
Igor Miloradov, Examiner-in-Chief, Criminal Expertise Centre, RF Interior Ministry.
By 2018, Inkakhran will become Russia's largest commercial carrier of money and valuables.
Mikhail Belousov, Deputy Board Chairman, Inkakhran.The Forum exhibition saw the first public presentation of Scan Coin by Gamma-centre. The industrial equipment complex for coins packaging has been already installed at the Moscow and Saint Petersburg Mints of Goznak.Korala Associates Ltd, DEEP2000, JCM, Ingenico, LAN-SFOUR, Abloy, Sensis, CPI, Strong Point, UNICUM, PBF, Julong, OKI, GRG, NBK Trade, Lanter, Cassida, CityNet, Rielta, SDI CHINA, Innovative Technology, Third Sense and others became the Sponsors and Partners of the PLUS-Forum 2017.
You can get registered as a delegate here. Hurry up, limited number of seats available!
Follow PLUS-Forum on Facebook!